Thursday 3 January 2013

Firefox's recent changes have impressed me

I am impressed by recent changes and changes in progress to Firefox, namely:

  • an optional PDF viewer written in Javascript;
  • a new Downloads dialog box, with a matching Navigation bar button to show/hide the dialog. I definitely prefer this to having an entirely separate window opened (available only in the Nightly build at the moment);
  • an option to open links in a Private Window. This is an improvement over the previous option, which was to switch the entire browser into Private Browsing mode (OK - I may have the name of that feature wrong) (available only in the Nightly build at the moment).
Yay Mozilla!

Note: I am well aware that these features have been available in Chrome for some time. I give Google credit for the excellent browser that is Chrome but my preference is for Firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment