Sunday 30 January 2011

Amazing! Live Linux in your wallet

I recently bought a USB "key" (as they're commonly known here in Australia) which was essentially just the chip wrapped in plastic. It's so small that I'm almost certain to lose it at some point :). I also recently installed my first live Linux installation on a USB key. Live Linux installations are nothing new, and nor are small USB keys. Put the two together, though, and I think they're quite amazing. Imagine I need to run my favourite OS on a foreign PC. I don't need to carry a key in on my belt or hanging from a lanyard, I just need to open my wallet and there it is!

 
Store'n' Go Micro USB Drive Black 16GB

 
Although I have worked in IT for many years, I'm still often amazed at some of the things that technology makes possible.

 
Rock on!

2 comments:

  1. I hope bouletbil will work again on frugalware live usb then you'll be able to use it with your usb key :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Unfortunately it's not Frugalware that I have on my USB key. :( As with all things FLOSS, I hope it will happen when/if someone wants to make it happen. I'm certainly not expecting it to happen overnight.

    ReplyDelete